Thursday, April 21, 2011

Digital Cold Turkey

My plan is to go digital cold turkey next week.  I've gotten too dependent.  The first thing I do when I get home is read my e-mail and check my tweeps, look up this and that, update the blog...the next thing I know.  Poof! I've squandered and hour staring at a bright screen and the Smiling Cat is staring pitifully at me wondering when it's lap-time.

Digital cold turkey. Um, chicken?

I got a good test run today with HootSuite down every time I tried it.  For those of us who sometimes check, check, check their e-mail hoping someone has sent something so we don't have to do what we're supposed to be doing, Twitter is great.  HootSuite is better though.  It gives you a chance to check, check, check if someone has retweeted you and there's always someone tweeting something.  Okay.  I'm getting obsessive.  Hence the digital cold turkey.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, how are you going to answer my comments. And then you will have hundreds of tweets and emails to answer. Maybe you should just cut back rather than out.
    I get to go cold turkey when we go on trips. I can handle it but I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete