Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sunny Little Dandelions

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I like dandelions.  They're bright and sunny.  They show up early in spring before everything else is blooming.  They turn into great cotton balls of seeds to blow every which way.



I have great memories of making bouquets of dandelions and violets for my grandmothers when I was young.  I didn't realize how much they didn't appreciate those poor maligned dandelions.  I also have a great uncle that swears that every dandelion growing in his yard was caused by me blowing the seeds.  But how could I resist?

Now my husband grumbles every time he sees a dandelion like it's some affront to his manhood that a dandelion DARE grow in HIS yard.  As for me?  I still think they're pretty.  I love to see a field full of them.  And I can't resist blowing at least one each year!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I think they are pretty while they are yellow but they sure make the yard look messy after they go to seed. Here we are apt to see dandelions all year long.

    ReplyDelete