Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frustration!

I'm in the midst of some life changes here. I've blogged about the books I have out this spring, book tours, and the trials of my introverted self.  But I'm also leaving one of my two part-time jobs.  I'm trying diligently to empty my brain of all the information my replacement will need and also planning one last event that will happen at the end of the month. 

I've had this job for a little over 4 years. Most of that time working 15 hours a week doing a job that should be 40 hours a week at least and would better be done by several people with full time jobs.  I recently got an extra 5 hours a week which lets me get paid when I have to come in early or work on the weekend for an event.


I gave my notice 2 weeks ago.  Today they were finally talking about how to replace me and have decided, despite the 3 page job description that I wrote, that the job is really only about answering the phone, giving tours, and going to meetings so it can be done in 10 hours a week.  Never mind the marketing, website, social media, financial management, purchasing, employees, etc. etc. etc.  I can't wait until the 31st.

1 comment:

  1. After reading the blog I can understand the bat!
    I gave a month's notice when I left the magazine. They paid the newcomer more than I was making after 8 1/2 years with the company and I still had to come back and train her because they were late getting someone.
    What are you going to be doing after you leave the GCHS?

    ReplyDelete