Friday, June 17, 2011

A Big Furry Spider!

When I started this blog, my plan was to have all sorts of creative things to show on it.  It would be my journey to a more creative and fulfilled life.  Unfortunately, other than the photographs accompanying the entries, I haven't been doing very well at being creative lately (though I'm making progress on the fulfilling life part).  Today, I've been carving a linoleum block.  It's a design I drew on the block several months ago, but I got discouraged when I realized that I wasn't thinking about reversing the design when it prints, so much of the work I had done on the block was for naught.  I've figured out now that I'm going to handle that part of the design differently and so, I present you with, a big furry old spider!  Don't worry, it'll make sense when I get it printed!

1 comment:

  1. EEWWW! I don't like big hairy spiders. Couldn't you think of something prettier to carve? How about a lady bug or dragonfly or butterfly. I imagine others will get a kick out of it though.

    ReplyDelete