Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dancing the Tarantella!

If you've been following my blog, you've seen some mysterious tea-dyed music and a spider linocut over the last couple of weeks.  Finally, yesterday, after some technical glitches with bubbly ink that created a fuzzy print (I guess I was too close to the end of the tube, when I used different ink, all was well), the tea-dyed music and spider linocut have come together to create....Tarantella!  


The music is Frederic Chopin's Tarantelle, Opus 43. According to legend, the bite of a tarantula could only be cured by dancing the jumping, turning, whirling tarantella.  So, to me at least, it made perfect sense to print a tarantula on a tarantella!  If you're a spider lover (or a music lover), Tarantella is listed on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment