Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Tea Anyone?

I've been experimenting with ways to dye my bright white printing paper to a browner shade so that it looks aged.  I have tons of tea that has been given to me over the years.  I find that I only drink my tea iced and am not a fan of many of the herbal flavors, so the tea has gotten pretty old by now.  I'm not going to drink it, but it seemed like just the thing for dying paper!  I tried some herbal tea this weekend, but it didn't have the tannins in it to provide the shade I was looking for - I ended up with a rather weak gray.  I tried black tea today and - voila! - aged paper!  I'll give it until tomorrow to dry and make some prints.

 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good. Can't wait to see the prints. Why are there musical notes on the paper? You can't tell me the black tea did that!

    ReplyDelete