Monday, June 6, 2011

Porch Sitting

In good Southern tradition, we have a front porch with rocking chairs to watch the world go by and say "hey" to neighbors as they pass.  We also have a back porch opening out to the grassy back yard which is preferable to the introvert in me who doesn't want to talk to everyone who walks by.  We are rehabbing our old house though and the back porch has yet to take precedence over things like windows and bathrooms (go figure).  In fact, it has tended to be a place where scrap lumber, sheet rock, and excess furniture lands.  

NOT my back porch. I can dream though, can't I?
This is from Sarah's Summer House on HGTV.

Today, I tackled that back porch.  I pulled all the lumber out and restacked it since I didn't have anywhere else to put it.  I vacuumed up all the spiders and their friends.  Best of all, I set up some of the furniture out there so we have a seating area to enjoy the view to the back yard.  One day we'll be done with the lumber, refinish the floor, and have walls of French doors instead of old storm windows.  Until then, I can sit on the back porch and dream.

1 comment:

  1. When I first saw that picture I thought you had really been busy. That does look like a nice room to aspire to - someday. There is a lot of satisfaction in just making things tidy though.

    ReplyDelete