Tuesday, July 12, 2011

First Bounty From the Garden

My plan for this post was to show you a photo of my yummy looking (and smelling) basil:


Followed by a photograph of my equally yummy looking and smelling pesto that I made with said basil.  Unfortunately, the pesto didn't turn out so well.  I seldom use kitchen aids and so haven't used what I thought was my food processor in a verrrryyy long time.  Turns out it's a food chopper not a food processor.  So pureeing basil and nuts was pretty much out of the question.  I tried the blender.  No dice.  I ended up with a semi-chewed up mess.  Which fortunately tasted good, but looked pretty revolting.  Glad I was making dinner for myself tonight. 

So, in lieu of the pesto photo, I give you a cherry tomato the size of a blueberry.  Spaghetti sauce season is a-coming...

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to put it on your Christmas list - if you don't need it sooner.

    ReplyDelete