Monday, October 10, 2011

Harvesting the Crops

If you've been following my blog, you know that I planted some vegetables this summer: cherry tomatoes, beef steak tomatoes, yellow peppers, and pickling cucumbers. Actually, just one plant of each - I wouldn't know what to do with too many vegetables!  I've harvested 2 oddly-shaped cucumbers, 2 little green peppers that fell off when my planter tipped over, a few cherry tomatoes here and there, and 4 beef steak tomatoes that I've turned into spaghetti sauce (with the 2 green peppers). 


Yesterday, I was watering the plants so that the tomatoes will continue to grow and ripen, when I found 14 ripe red cherry tomatoes!  They were hiding amongst the leaves so I didn't know they were there. Nice surprise. I had them for lunch today. Yummm.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. They are pretty too. Nice to have caught them before they went by!

    ReplyDelete