Monday, October 3, 2011

The Jury is In

A month or so ago (was it really that long?) I posted about preparing some of my linocuts for the jury at Heartwood, a new artisan center in my area.  Well, the jury is in and they accepted 2 of my framed prints!  It is particularly exciting because they purchase the items they accept rather than just putting them on consignment.  That means they try to be sure something will sell before they purchase it - hence the jurying process.

 
They also provided comments so that I can improve my work and my chances of having all 5 pieces accepted the next time I submit items for their jury: "Lovely/Work on having more in your design, rather than a single object/Sweet/wonderful minimal feeling, and beautifully matted and framed."  I'm thrilled to have professional affirmation of my work! 


(These signed and numbered linoleum block prints are also available unframed at my Etsy shop - just click on the images above!)


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I'm not surprised that the heart basket was picked. It's not only pretty but unusual. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete