Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Leaves They Are A Changin'

It's officially autumn here. We've had cool nights. I hear flocks of geese flying over most evening as they follow the New River south. The crickets' chirps are slowing. The leaves are changing.  It's been rainy the last couple of days and some of the mountain tops are in the clouds, but the leaves are still beautiful. They're not quite at peak yet, but should be by this weekend.


 I've mentioned previously what a pretty drive to work I have through the mountains.  I tried today to take some photos while I was driving so you could see the changing leaves. The photos, of course, don't really do the colors justice, but you get the idea of the beauty that surrounds us in Southwest Virginia.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes. They were really pretty at the higher elevations here this past weekend as we drove our A's up to the BRP.

    ReplyDelete