Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Voted Today, Have You?

Today marks the end of the junk mail (how many trees were harmed in the making of this election season?), the robo-calls from elected officials, strangers knocking on the door, and other intrusions into my regularly scheduled life by that 11-letter word politicians (said with the same tone of voice Jerry Seinfeld used for the mailman, Newman).  I live in a district where both the state senator and representative positions were contested.  Rather nastily.  And, just to make things more annoying for those of us who enjoy our privacy, the sheriff, commonwealth's attorney, and supervisor positions were contested as well.  That means we had we had 4 to 8 pieces of junk mail per day for the last month, innumerable robo-calls in the last week, and at least 10 people came to the door. 


 Did any of that change who I planned to vote for?  No.  Did it make me inclined to not vote for certain candidates even if they had been the only ones on the ballot? Yes. I'm feeling harassed, but definitely glad that as an American, I have the right to vote for the candidate I choose.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! We must not have any elections at this time here as we haven't been inundated with annoying junk mail and calls. And we live far enough out in the boonies not to have people coming to the door for elections (only the occasional religious group trying to get us to join their church).

    ReplyDelete