Monday, December 19, 2011

What's On Your Playlist?

I'm a little particular about my Christmas music. I prefer traditional carols, though they can be sung in new and different ways, and the cheery secular songs like "Let It Snow," "Baby It's Cold Outside," and "Winter Wonderland'. I particularly like most anything Christmas sung by the Rat Pack: "I Believe" and "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm" are favorites. I'm not a fan of a lot of the newer stuff that's on the all-Christmas radio stations this time of year and sad songs definitely do not belong in my holiday season.


Here's what's on my playlist, in no particular order. I'm a little 20th century, still copying CDs to my computer. I am using iTunes though, and shuffling, of course. And I had "The Messiah" in there, but it has a lot of short pieces in it and the transition was too abrupt when it shuffled. That's one that needs to be played alone, in it's entirety. Preferably in the car with my husband so we can sing it together. Loudly.
  • Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas (who doesn't love Charlie Brown?)
  • A Canadian Brass Christmas (the holiday brass band)
  • Bing Crosby and Liberace - Christmas (for "White Christmas" of course)
  • Manhattan Transfer - The Christmas Album (love "Snowfall")
  • The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - Christmas at the Brooklyn Tabernacle (because I thought they were like the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - they're not at all, but I like 'em anyway)
  • Harry Connick, Jr. - When My Heart Finds Christmas (kind of Rat Packy)
  • Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Silent Night (for the traditional carols)
  • Christmas with the Rat Pack (my favorite Christmas album ever)
  • Jimmy Buffet - Christmas Island (fun stuff - I think I secretly want to spend Christmas in the Caribbean)
  • Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops - A Christmas Festival (because Christmas music doesn't always have to have someone singing)
  • Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve and Other Stories (kinda edgy, but I like it)
What's on your Christmas play list?







No comments:

Post a Comment