Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beaded Hearts & Embroidery Hoop Art

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may remember that I took a needle beading class last spring and made a bracelet using right angle weave. Well, as I predicted, those little beads can be addictive. I did end up going back to the bead shop for some red and green beads. While I only finished a couple of Christmas ornaments, making them gave me the idea to make a heart. And, well, that heart became the quest for the perfectly proportioned heart that didn't take me forever to make and before I knew it I had 5 hearts.


I knew from my experience with the Christmas ornaments, that the beads were too flimsy to stand alone and needed some type of backing. I thought about framing them in embroidery hoops and remembered that I had bought two fabric sample books at a yard sale this summer thinking I must be able to do something with them. Well, here was that something!


I'm pretty pleased with how they came out and expect I may gravitate towards more needle arts to complement my linoleum block prints.  To see more photos or purchase the hearts for that special someone, please visit my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Now I have to change my mind and pick the cascading hearts and my favorite, though they are all pretty. Now I know why you needed the embroidery hoops. I still may have some extra. Haven't checked yet.

    ReplyDelete