Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Jon Olsen Photography

One of our favorite stops on trips north to visit family is Sharon Arts Center's Gallery and Shop. They have juried arts and crafts from all sorts of mediums that provide a peaceful respite during an often busy trip. The shop carries the work of Jon Olsen Photography which I love for their subjects, clarity, and simplicity.


Five Trees, Jon Olsen Photography

We seldom get enough snow where I live now to create such beautiful photographs where the clutter of the ground disappears in a blanket of snow leaving simple forms against a background of gray and white.


Jon Olsen Photography

I've often tried to capture a similar photograph to the one above, but never had the right light and water conditions to create the shadows or number of old piers creating a path through the water.

Jon Olsen Photography

(All images are from Jon Olsen Photography. Be sure to check out his website for more photographs. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment