Monday, January 30, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Lynn Boggess

We ran across the oil paintings of Lynn Boggess at the Cooper Gallery in Lewisburg, West Virginia and were mesmerized. His paintings are very large and draw you into the scenes that they portray: the beauty of nature.
Lynn Boggess

You can almost feel the spray of the water and hear the full river rushing.

Lynn Boggess

He makes many of his paintings plein air and with a trowel, rather than a paint brush. The effect is stunning. I found myself looking back to his paintings as we toured the gallery, the pull was so strong.

Lynn Boggess
(All images are the works of Lynn Boggess. Be sure to check out his website for more prints. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment