Monday, January 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Matt Brown Woodblock Prints

The second new feature on my blog for 2012 is Inspiration Monday where I'll feature beautiful things or words that inspire me to be creative and continue my journey to contentment. (If you missed it, the first new feature that I rolled out last week was Food Friday - yum!) It is important to note that the works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.

With no futher ado, I introduce...Inspiration Monday! Enjoy!

I saw one image from Matt Brown Woodblock Prints in the December 2011 issue of Yankee Magazine and had to see more.  I love that these prints are made with successive layers of ink: each color represents a different carved block of wood.


I love the winter prints, the mountains, the colors. The subjects are familiar to me: I've been to many of the places that are the subjects of these prints.


I've stuck to a single color with my linoleum block prints so far, but these prints inspire me to tackle another color. Or two. Or even more!


(All images are from Matt Brown Woodblock Prints.)

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! What else can I say about these prints - Magnificent! The extra colors will be quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for this inspiration post - certainly makes me want to experiment with printmaking in colour more often.

    ReplyDelete