Monday, February 6, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Indian Hill Press

If you have read Yankee Magazine, you've seen the short poems signed "D.A.W." often accompanied by a simple linocut. The poems are wonderful, using 4 lines and a few short words to evoke a season or a moment in life.


Since the identity of D.A.W is kept a mystery in the magazine, I googled to find out more about the poet and the prints. I found the poet is Daniel Alan Waters of Indian Hill Press in West Tisbury, MA and several books of his poems and prints. I also found out that his whimsical prints are linocuts.

Remembering the Islander by Daniel Waters

Some are just plain black and white while others are in 2 or more colors. The simplicity and whimsy of the prints and poems are inspiration to carry to my own work.

Cat in the Grass by Daniel Waters
(All images are the works of  Daniel Waters and Indian Hill Press. Be sure to check out his website for more prints. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment