Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday Food: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a confession to make: I have been too busy this week to make anything for the Friday Food segment. Busy at work. Busy getting new things ready for the Heartwood jury (a post for next week). Busy traveling. We've eaten out all week.

However, since our Girl Scout cookies are gone, I've had a craving for chocolate. More specifically, a craving for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. I went back to look on the blog, because I knew I had written about these cookies before, and what was the title of the post? "Giving in to a Craving." Hmmm, I sense a pattern here. Hopefully, I'll have time to give in next week and bake some of these yummy things.

This is my mom's recipe and, as you can tell, one of my favorites. It's simple and much heartier and more satisfying than plain old Toll House Cookies. And, heck, they've got peanuts in them. That's protein, so they're good for you, right?


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter, melted
1 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 c. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped peanuts

In large bowl, mix melted butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour and baking soda and mix until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 300 degrees F. for 20 min.  Yield: about 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment