Monday, March 26, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Axis Maps

I have a confession to make: I am a map junky. I love maps. Old maps. New maps. Big maps. Small maps. Your usual cartographic maps and those that are anything but usual. I also love typography and words. That's what makes these maps by Axis Maps so great: they combine my love of maps with my love of typography. What's not to love?

Washington, DC typographic map by Axis Maps



San Francisco typographic map by Axis Maps
Manhattan typographic map by Axis Maps
(All images are the works of Axis Maps. Visit the typographic map section of their website to see more maps like these and more detail or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I've seen any like those. I also like maps and can't understand it when people can't figure out how to read them. I like the detailed DeLorme state topo maps. We use ours of NC a lot with the Model A as we travel back roads a lot.

    ReplyDelete