Monday, March 12, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Paul Hastings

We saw Paul Hastings' oil paintings at a special exhibit at the Old Rock School in Valdese, North Carolina last summer. He exhibited in Valdese because of his family connection and we visited his exhibit because our family connection to him. We would have enjoyed the exhibit regardless. I appreciate that he became an artist later in life and is now pursuing his passion.

Among Friends by Paul Hastings

As with many of the artists I have featured on Inspiration Monday, I'm drawn to the simplicity and color of his paintings.

Out of the Box by Paul Hastings

There is a peacefulness to his subjects that also makes you feel part of the tranquil scene.

Sounds of Silence by Paul Hastings

(All images are the works of  Paul Hastings. Visit his website to see more of their works and more detail or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment