Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Spring!

I don't know about you, but Spring is always inspiring to me. The brighter light, the chirping birds, the color of the blooming flowers added to the gray landscape, a touch of green... I move from the blacks, grays, browns, and dark colors I favor in winter to a more colorful palette of yellows, purples, pinks, greens, and other springy colors, mimicking the long-awaited flowers. I photograph every natural thing as if I had never seen it before, with the idea that the photos will one day be inspiration for my art.

The tiny lilac blooms hold promise of the profusion of flowers and heady smell to come.


There are the happy mysteries that I don't remember planting or seeing last year, and that I'm not sure what they are or where they came from.


Though I hate to cut them, I love to bring flowers inside - especially daffodils with their sunny little heads. How can you have a bad day with daffodils on your desk?



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty. I can't help you with what they are. Our flowers are getting pretty. The daffodils were pretty and going by now, the forsythia wasn't as full as usual but the redbud tree is going to be gorgeous this year. Azaleas are starting to bud. And the bees are becoming active. I love spring!

    ReplyDelete