Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Peak Into My Studio

We live in a 1913 house that is constantly in a state of flux. We're renovating/rehabilitating/restoring - you name it. And since we're doing the work ourselves, it's a slow process because, well, we have real jobs and a life. The house was owned by the town doctor who had his office in one of the front rooms which has a leaded glass window and its own front door. First we thought this would be the library, but we built that elsewhere. Then we thought it would be the dining room, but it's too far from the kitchen. So last summer we made the decision to turn the room into my office/studio. The outside door gives us the flexibility to have an open studio or see clients without having them traipse through our living space.

After years of creativity, I have lots of art and craft supplies, but I didn't have a good place to store them so I could get to them easily. With my new office in mind, I put my architecture background to work and designed a massive storage cabinet.


We bought all the supplies after Christmas and my husband built it for me. Then I painted. And painted. And painted. And finally got a great storage space!


The good news is: having everything at my fingertips is working like a charm! The bad news is: despite weeding out things I know I won't use again, I have even more supplies. My husband is in the process of building another cabinet for me. Stay tuned for the results!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how pretty! I can tell - great design, great cabinet making and great painting!
    After you get all your supplies under control, I hope you still have room to create.
    We've just got to get up there to see all you have done since the last time we were there.

    ReplyDelete