Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Preparing for the Jury II

I submitted 5 pieces to the 'Round the Mountain jury at Heartwood again, this time in the Fiber Art category. I've been making some embroidery hoop art using a fabric sample book I acquired at a yard sale and various techniques (needle beading, embroidery, applique, ribbon embroidery) and decided to have it juried. I also threw in a credit card/coin purse decorated with buttons. My perfectionist tendencies tell me that my creations might not be quite what the jury is looking for, but I needed to step outside of my comfort zone and try something new. I'll find out the results later this week, but in the mean time, you can see what I entered below. None are in my Etsy shop yet, but will be as soon as I make some more. I'm taking a short break after spending all last week getting ready for the jury.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice. I particularly like the adorable cat and the rose. Hope you do well with them.

    ReplyDelete