Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Food: Blonde Brownies

We have our big spring community band concert this weekend which means I need to bake something for the reception afterwards. Blonde Brownies is one of my mom's recipes. They're quick and easy and are a yummy and chewy combination of butter and brown sugar. The only thing missing is chocolate, but that'll be okay since I'm giving them away!


Blonde Brownies

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until well blended.
Add egg and mix well.
Stir in dry ingredients then add vanilla and nuts.
Spread in buttered 8"x8" pan and bake for 25 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. I did this exactly and for some reason it turned into a bubbly mess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sarah, I'm not sure what happened! I checked my recipe and it the blog version matches my recipe card. I test all of my recipes before I post them to be sure they are correct (and take the photos). Did you try cooking them a bit longer? Your oven may be slower than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you add say white chocolate chips to it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure! I bet white chocolate chips would be yummy in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking butterscotch baking chips. :-?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet butterscotch chips would be yummy too! I have to admit, though, I like them just as they are!

    ReplyDelete