Monday, April 16, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Brian Holden

I found Brian Holden's work early on in my life on Etsy, probably when I joined the Printsy team. He is also a frequent contributor to the printmaking section of WetCanvas helping other artists with their questions and concerns. Brian is an artist, printmaker, and teacher who focuses mainly on serigraphy, relief block, collagraph plate, intaglio plate and photopolymer gravure. (If you don't know what those are, check out his website for more information.)  His subject is most often the landscape and wildlife around his home in Ontario.

Moon and Forest linocut
by Brian Holden
I like the subjects of Brian's work, but also the detail that is possible with different types of printmaking.

Downy etching with hand coloring
by Brian Holden

I also like the effect and possibilities that open up when prints are hand-colored. Lots of inspiration!

Water Pool Along Superior
intaglio plate print with hand coloring
by Brian Holden
(All images are the works of Brian Holden.. Visit Brian's website to see more of  his work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment