Monday, April 23, 2012

Inspiration Monday: John Salminen

I love paintings, drawings, and photographs of landscapes and streetscapes. I particularly enjoy them when they evoke memories of places I've been. John Salminen is a watercolor artist who makes beautiful paintings of cityscapes. His paintings of Paris remind me of the wonderful week I spent there exploring the city.

Eiffel Tower by John Salminen

The colors are muted, yet bright. I feel like I'm viewing the scene live and experiencing the weather and sounds of the day myself.

The Mall - Central Park by John Salminen

The details are wonderful too and really show the depth that a talented painter can create with watercolors.

Champs Elysees by John Salminen
(All images are the works of John Salminen.. Visit John's website to see more of  his work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

1 comment: