Monday, April 9, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Lisa Congdon

I first became aware of Lisa Congdon when I saw an article about her book and blog, A Collection A Day, where she showcased one of her collections with photographs or drawings each day of 2010. It was certainly an intriguing premise to have a project that spanned the year and I've followed her blogs since.

A Collection a Day by Lisa Congdon

This year her project is 365 Days of Hand Lettering, but I found more than just the year-long projects inspirational about Lisa. She didn't start painting and become a professional artist until she was in her 30s. Her paintings are often a colorful look at everyday things.

Buoys by Lisa Congdon

Her pencil drawings are detailed and whimsical like the B below. I'm looking foward to taking Lisa's Get Your Paint On class starting next week for further inspiration! I'll post some of my results here!

Letter B by Lisa Congdon
(All images are the works of Lisa Congdon. Visit Lisa's website to see more of her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine coming up with something different every day of the year! I'd get tired before I even started! That's dedication and perseverance and imagination all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete