Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Wayne Thiebaud

If you follow my blog regularly, you'll know that I'm currently the Get Your Paint On class and that last week's assignment was to use another artist as inspiration for your painting. Several people used Wayne Thiebaud as their inspiration, in particular his paintings of pies and cakes. He's a combination of Inspiration Monday and Friday Food all in one place! What's not to like?

Boston Cremes by Wayne Thiebaud, 1969

While his work often features pastries, that's not his only subject. He has also painted a number of cityscapes, usually with dramatic hills and intersections.

24th Street Intersection by Wayne Thiebaud, 1977

But back to the sweets...I'm inspired by his painting of every day objects and by the repetition of that object in different colors, at different angles. Yum!

Four Ice Cream Cones by Wayne Thiebaud, 1964
(All images are the works of Wayne Thiebaud.. Google Wayne Thiebaud to find more of his paintings. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment