Wednesday, April 25, 2012

One Tired Robin

I have 3 new friends, born a few weeks ago, who are keeping me company in my studio. Well, just outside my studio window, actually. My studio faces the front porch and the corner brick piers where Mrs. Robin took up residence this spring. She made a nice nest of dried grasses and sat. And sat. And flew away when I went out to get the mail. Then came back and sat. Since they've hatched and she has been running herself ragged feeding them with the worms in our yard.


Now don't let these little guys fool you. They may be happy to see mom and get free food, but I think they're about ready to fly away on their own. That nest is getting a little crowded and one of them looks like he's about ready to take off. I wish them safe flights and juicy worms when they leave the nest!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe they have gotten so big already. Neat pictures.

    ReplyDelete