Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Food: Terri's Potato Salad

I'm really picky about my potato salad. I don't like most of the recipes that are out there or the store-bought or restaurant-made stuff. Most of it is either bland or vinegar-based. I prefer my potato salad creamy not crunchy and love the heartiness of hard-boiled eggs in it. This recipe tastes similar to the way I remember one of my grandmother's potato salad.

Somehow, my potato salad has come to signify special occasions at our house. Maybe because of the tradition my husband and I started before we married to make a picnic lunch of his fried chicken, my potato salad, and wedges of watermelon and go for a hike in the mountains to celebrate our birthdays. Try it for your own special picnics!


Terri's Potato Salad

4 cups diced peeled potatoes (about 2 lbs, boiled 20 minutes)
6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp dijon mustard

Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir in eggs and cooled potatoes. 
Cover and chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment