Thursday, May 24, 2012

Get Your Paint On: Week 3 Redux

My painting from Week 3 of the Get Your Paint On class I've been taking had been bothering me since I declared it finished so that I could move on to other things. The umbrella's shadow was too big and just wrong. And when I looked at the painting on the computer, I noticed a couple of spots in the sky that didn't look quite right (there at the top left where the blue didn't get blended and in the middle where it looks like I dropped some water or something).

Before

I spent the week looking at it and decided to fix it. I'm much happier with how it looks now though I drove myself crazy "getting it right". I'd try to fix something and make it worse because there was too much water on my brush. I've finally realized that I need to thoroughly wipe my brush off with a towel so there's no chance of water droplets ruining my work!

After

Much better! And I learned that the painting will tell me when it's done whether I'm ready for it to be done or not!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the first one is good but the second is much better. The water splotch in the first looks like a heart - not all bad. The second one looks overall lighter too, which is a good thing. NICE!

    ReplyDelete