Monday, May 14, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Danna Ray

I was unfamiliar with Danna Ray until she was mentioned as inspiration by Mati McDonough during the Get Your Paint On class I have been taking. And, wow! I really like dreaminess of her backgrounds and the details of her foregrounds.

Take Me Out Tonight by Danna Ray

Most of her paintings are set outdoors, in a seemingly isolated place. They remind me of the peacefulness of hiking and camping in the woods and enjoying nature.

Cairn no. 3 by Danna Ray

There is a simplicity and calm in her paintings, but they also trigger memories and a sense of wistfulness.

Memory of Migration by Danna Ray

(All images are the works of Danna Ray. Visit Danna's website to see more of  her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

1 comment: