Monday, May 21, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Emily Gray Koehler

I found this print not long after I had visited some alpacas myself. I was enhanted by the print and was introduced to the wonderful color-reduction prints of Emily Gray Koehler of StudioEGK at Etsy.


Alpaca, color reduction woodcut
by Emily Gray Koehler


Her subjects are farms and nature with landscapes and animals her focus. The landscapes are bucolic and colorful, with perhaps even a sense of wistfulness.

Before the Day's Toil, color reduction woodcut
by Emily Gray Koehler

The animals are full of character - like the alpaca above. You can see their personality in their eyes, the cock of their ears, an open beak. Wonderful inspiration!

Reverie For the Forgotten, color reduction woodcut
by Emily Gray Koehler

(All images are the works of Emily Gray Koehler and Studio EGK. Visit Emily's website to see more of  her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment