Thursday, June 7, 2012

30 Days of Creativity: Days 1-6

To keep the creative juices flowing after the Get Your Paint On class, I joined 30 Days of Creativity which "is a global social initiative encouraging people to create stuff (anything) every day for 30 days in June." I tend to think of arts and crafts as creative, but sometimes dismiss other things that are as well. 30 Days of Creativity is helping me realize that there are certain things I do weekly that I don't really think of as creative, but are (baking something new, playing my clarinet in the community band,...). Although I'm trying to do something out of my regular comfort zone each day of June, there are certain days when I don't have time for that and will count baking and playing music as my creativity for the day.


So what have I done in Days 1 through 6? I've made Strawberry Lemon Cake (yummy by the way!), sketched the view from my back door, made beaded fan pulls, made new pillows for the couch, created some embroidery hoop art, and gone to community band rehearsal. You can follow my 30 Days of Creativity Pinterest board if you want to see my daily creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment