Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Food: Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's my great uncle's 96th birthday on Monday. Since I don't live near enough to bake a cake, I always send cookies or brownies of some kind to celebrate the day. It's hot so I chose something I knew would ship well. The original recipe came from an old Mrs. Fields Cookie Book. Every recipe I've tried from the book has been yummy!


Lemon Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure lemon extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground coriander
1-12oz bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Mix butter and sugar together. Add eggs and lemon extract and beat well.
Add flour, baking soda, and coriander and blend until just combined. Don't overmix.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
Bake for 15 minutes. Do not brown. Immediately transfer with spatula to cool surface or racks.
Makes about 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment