Monday, June 25, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Janet Bell

I found Janet Bell by way of Pinterest. Someone had pinned "St. Ives Here We Come." The bright colors evoked bright sunshine and memories of the laid back, always summery world of the Caribbean for me. I have collected some brightly colored tropical birds and oil drum art on trips there in the past and Janet's paintings would be the perfect complement!

St. Ives Here We Come by Janet Bell

The soft colors of the beach huts offset by a field of flowers reminds me of my own New England beach experiences. I can almost smell the sea breeze and hear the seagulls.

Sunny Blooms by Janet Bell

I love the view through the window and the sheer curtains billowing slightly in the breeze. Janet's work is inspiration to use bright sunny colors that evoke an enjoyable place to be and to get myself on a vacation to the beach. And soon!

Fish for Supper by Janet Bell
(All images are the works of Janet Bell. Visit Janet's website to see more of her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment