Monday, June 11, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Mati McDonough

If you follow my blog, you'll know that I recently took the Get Your Paint On class with Mati McDonough and Lisa Congdon. I was attracted to the class by the color and whimsy of their art. Before the class started, I used Lisa for Inspiration Monday. Today is Mati's turn!

Butterfly Trio by Mati McDonough

The butterflies are bright and cheery and each has a different pattern that makes it individual, but connects the painting as a whole. The image below is such a simple drawing and subject matter, but it is engaging. The dress is cute, the birds are perfect on the clothesline. Very sweet! The dress and towel are detailed with patterns of their own.

Laundry Day by Mati McDonough

I enjoy the repetition of the blocks and birds, but also the variation of the colors of the blocks and birds, their directionality, and that the birds don't stay in the blocks. All elements to inspire me in my own work!

How to Identify a Bird by Mati McDonough
(All images are the works of Mati Rose McDonough. Visit Mati's website to see more of her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow those are great! Love the colors, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they though? So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete