Monday, June 18, 2012

Inspiration Monday: The Sketchbook Project

I came across The Sketchbook Project a few months ago and was reminded of it again this afternoon as I was playing in my own sketchbook. I marvel at those who can take a book of blank paper and make it into something great. My sketchbooks tend to look more like random ideas thrown on a page in a less-than random format. It seems I try to organize my randomness and end up with something that isn't particularly pleasing to the eye. The artists of The Sketchbook Project have created wonderful and imaginative objects of their sketchbooks that are great inspiration in all sorts of ways!

Some are humorous looks at life, like the sketchbook of Aries Galindo:

Bearing Gifts by Aries Galindo

Some sketched the world around them, like the sketchbook of Francesco Zorzi:

Mapping Home by Francesco Zorzi

Some are collaged, like the sketchbook of Sally Westcott:

Blackbird - a one page book by Sally Westcott

Look for The Sketchbook Project 2012 exhibit at a museum near you for inspiration this summer or if you are already inspired, participate in The Sketchbook Project 2013!
 
(All images are the works of the artists of The Sketchbook Project. Visit Art House Co-op to see more of  sketchbooks or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment