Wednesday, June 13, 2012

One Tired Robin (Part 2)

Back in April, I had a robin nesting on the porch just outside of my studio window who brought up 3 little ones in less than a month. She came back again in May to plump up her nest and raise some more chicks. Here are some photos I caught of her and the kids. Some are a bit blurry because I took them through the window so as not to scare her away.

Waiting, waiting...

Feed us Momma, FEED US!

Yup, there's 4 of us - and its CROWDED in here!

Last one! "You want me to WHAT?"

I left the nest, now what?
I really enjoyed watching the little ones grow up and take off. I did feel bad because I inadvertently rushed the last one out of the nest - he jumped when I went to get the mail and his mom was squawking at him. He was more than a day later than the others, so hopefully he was ready and she was telling him to go and not to stay! I wish them all Godspeed, good worms, and no cats! It's time to clean the porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment