Monday, August 20, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Joel Penkman

I probably should have found my inspiration earlier today rather than waiting until that evil hour of the afternoon when lunch is long gone and replaced with the munchies. This happened one other time, and Wayne Thiebaud's pastries showed up on my blog. Today, it's the British sweets of Joel Penkman.

Blackpool rock. Egg tempera on gesso board.by Joel Penkman.

I love that you feel like you can pick up one of the candy sticks, unwrap it, and take a lick. I can even hear the cellophane crinkling as I unwrap it. Pretty impressive for a 2-D painting! The strawberries below are similar - I'm ready to cut them up and put them on my yogurt!

Strawberry Punnet. Egg tempera on gesso board.by Joel Penkman

And when's the last time you saw someone paint a jello salad? Inspiration to see art in even the most everyday things. And to go find a healthy snack.

Jelly rabbit and grass. Egg tempera on gesso board.
by Joel Penkman

 
 
(All images are the works of Joel Penkman. Click on the images above or visit Joel Penkman's website to see more of his work.. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment