Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Tired Robin (Part 3)

Our third nest of robins left last week. That makes 9 babies for Mrs. R. this summer. I snapped a photo of the last little one who really didn't want to leave home. The baby got scared out of the nest when the mailman came up on the porch. I thought he was gone, but a bit later I heard a noise and found him attached to the window screen in my office! He fell from there and ended up cowering in the corner of the porch for a while.


It took a bit, but I finally heard some loud tweeting, answered by mom off in the trees. A while later, she came by the nest with a worm. I'm not sure if she was trying to lure him to fly off or if she really didn't know he wasn't in the nest. She did this several times before he finally got out of his corner and onto the porch railing. She came by again with worms and I thought she was going to feed him there on the railing, but instead she flew off! That was enough for the baby to get moving and off he went after her. I haven't seen them since. I miss the little guys, they were right outside my office window so I'd hear them chirping and see mom and dad flying in and out. Since I'm still catless, they were good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment