Monday, September 24, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Cathy Horvath-Buchanan

As much as I hate to see summer go, I'm enjoying the fall colors and simple subjects of Cathy Horvath-Buchanan's paintings today.

"Abstract Mountains & Tree Colors"
acrylic painting by Cathy Horvath-Buchanan

 I love the reflections in the water. Cathy's folk art paintings have a precise simplicity that attract me to them.

"Abstract Red Shirt Line"
acrylic painting by Cathy Horvath-Buchanan

There is motion to Cathy's paintings - I can feel the crisp wind blowing the clothes on the line. But there is also peace and familiarity to the paintings. I've been to the places and I want to go back. Fall inspiration for a late September Monday.

"Abstract Town Welcome",
acrylic painting by Cathy Horvath-Buchanan
(All images are the works of Cathy Horvath-Buchanan.. Click on the images above or visit Cathy's Etsy shop, Solo Work Studio, to see more of her work.. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment