Monday, October 29, 2012

Inspiration Monday: David Knowlton

It's cold. Snow is blowing horizontally. The view from my window is definitely wintery. We're waiting for more snow and wind tonight as Hurricane Sandy hits the coast. So I looked within for inspiration today - within my house that is - and was struck by a cold wintery scene of David Knowlton's that I purchased about 10 years ago.

Silent Sunset, acrylic
by David Knowlton

I enjoy David's work because of his attention to detail and because many of his paintings are of places and landscapes that are familiar to me: the Shenandoah Valley, New England, Pennsylvania...

Dawn's Early Light
(Nubble Light House)
acrylic  by David Knowlton

I also love the way his choice of colors really makes you feel the temperature of the painting: a cold winter
sunset, a chilly blue morning, or a cool fall day.  His use of color adds a sensory dimension to his paintings.

Cool Hollow, acrylic
by David Knowlton

(All images are the works of David Knowlton. Visit David's website to see more of  his work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment