Friday, November 23, 2012

Friday Food: Luella's Pecan Pie

My grandmother Luella used to make some really wonderful pies for Thanksgiving. Several years ago, I asked her to write out some of those recipes for me so that I could make them myself. I tried the Pecan Pie yesterday to rave reviews. The maple syrup adds a different flavor than the usual pies. And I was able to use real Georgia pecans from my aunt- and uncle-in-law to give this pie elements of the north and south!


Luella's Pecan Pie

3 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup pecan pieces
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup maple syrup

Mix flour and sugar. Beat eggs slightly. Add remaining ingredients.
Mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Lower temperature to 350 degrees and cook 45-50 minutes more.
It will be puffed up across top.

No comments:

Post a Comment