Monday, November 5, 2012

Inspiration Monday: Adriana Willsie

I connected with Adriana Willsie via Twitter some time ago. Many of her paintings are pet portraits - dogs, cats, the occasional bird - that she often posts on her blog when complete. I like the bright colors and paint textures she uses to give the feeling of fur and feathers.

Spanky by Adriana Willsie

On occasion, Adriana expands her color pallet beyond fur and feathers to paint beautiful landscapes and still-lifes.

Autumn: Pumpkin, acrylic on canvas by Adriana Willsie

I'm inspired by Adriana's simple subjects that are made quite complex by the depth of color and texture of the paint.

Lemons and Cake, acrylic on canvas by Adriana Willsie
(All images are the works of Adriana Willsie. Visit Adrianas website to see more of  her work or click on the links above. The works featured on Inspiration Monday are those that I enjoy and I have not been compensated in any way to include them on my blog.)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Terri! Thanks so much for featuring me :) You just made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Adriana! Thanks for cheering up my days with the art you post!

    ReplyDelete