Friday, December 7, 2012

Friday Food: Peanut Butter Brownies

Funny story about these brownies. This is my mom's recipe, I've made these many times before, but I saw another recipe for Peanut Butter Blondies and thought I'd try it to see how they compared. Despite the fact that the recipes were very similar, the blondies weren't very good. They weren't peanut buttery enough for my taste. So I went back and made these brownies. I took them out of the oven thinking they were done and let them cool. When I cut them a while later, they clearly weren't done so I turned the oven back on, put them in to cook a while longer, and overcooked them. Sigh. Third pan of brownies later (my husband hasn't complained by the way), I finally got them right and photogenic enough for Friday Food!


Peanut Butter Brownies

1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 oz chocolate chips

Beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually add sugars and beat until fluffy.
Add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla and spread in a butter 9" square pan.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center tests done.

No comments:

Post a Comment