Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Food: Raisin Carrot Muffins

This recipe came from a Dole Raisin package in the 1990s. I used to make these muffins quite often. They were a favorite afternoon snack to get me through those after-lunch doldrums and an early evening workout before a later dinner. With fruit and nuts in them, I could make the case that they're good for me. My schedule has changed significantly since then so I don't think of these muffins often. I found myself craving them yesterday and, since I have run out of already-made Friday Food recipes, decided to make them this morning. The house smells yummy now!


Raisin Carrot Muffins

1/2 cup butter, melted,
1 cup sugar
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Combine butter, sugar, undrained pineapple, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients stirring until just blended.
Spoon into greased muffin tins.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool.
Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment