Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Food: Super Chocolatey Cookies

I had a hankering for chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate. So I broke out my trusty Mrs. Fields Cookie Cookbook I've had for years and baked some cookies. I used dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate cocoa powder because I had a hankering for lots of chocolate, but you don't have to go to those extremes for chocolatey cookies. Since I've changed the recipe slightly, I've renamed it too.



Super Chocolatey Cookies

1 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup white sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
2 cups (12 oz) dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a large bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add sugars and beat to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Blend until just combined. Do not overmix.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 21-23 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment