Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Food: Alpine Fruited Oatmeal

Sorry I missed Friday Food last week. I ran through my backlog of recipes I'd made. We've been overwhelmed with food lately, as happens in the South when someone passes, so the last thing I needed to do was cook more food! Things are getting back to normal now though so my cooking and baking should get back on schedule. Though I'll admit that I realized I didn't have anything for Friday Food yesterday and whipped off this recipe to remedy that!

If you like oatmeal for breakfast, this is a good variation. I've had this recipe a long time and think it may be a Quaker Oats recipe. Just put it together the night before and it will be ready in the morning. You can serve it hot or cold, plain, or with milk or yogurt. You can make it with different juices and fruit. Use your imagination!


Alpine Fruited Oatmeal 

2 cups uncooked oats
1 cup apple juice
1 cup water
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Stir well before serving. Serve cold or hot with milk or yogurt, if desired. To heat, put 1/2 cup in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Store tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment